It is unlikely that the "product key" is what you are supposed to be typing
in. What is usually required is the "CD key," which is found on a sticker on
the CD itself or inside the CD case (or on a Certificate of Authenticity if
this is an OEM version). If that's the one you're using, then make sure
you're reading the characters correctly; users frequently report confusing O
with 0, I with 1, S with 5, and so on (though recent software packages seem
to be using a more legible font for this).

"Carol R." Carol wrote in message
I have a product key on the back of the CD box, but when I type it in and

try
to continue, I get a message asking me to verify the number. I did verify

the
number, but I keep getting the same message. Is there any quick fix? I

know I
can call Microsoft support, but it galls me to have to use one of my two

free
calls because of a product key they got wrong! Thanks.