Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to migrate AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word 2007

Thanks for the feedback.

"Arlene" wrote in message
I think I figured it out. Follow the steps in my first post in Word 2003

create AutoText.dot. Then in Word 2007, to have a template or add-in
available whenever you start Word, save the add-in or template in the

Startup
folder. On my system the path is C:\Documents and Settings\Arlene
Zimmerly\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\AutoText.dot

Microsoft has a related article at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...5371033.aspx#1 with these

steps
at the end.

Arlene

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText in Word 2007 is part of the Building Blocks/Quick Parts (or
something--I'm not running Word 2007). I think the Organizer is still
available, but you'll have to wait for an answer from someone who is up

speed on Word 2007.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Arlene" wrote in message
Suzanne--I apologize--it's theAutoText entries I want to migrate.

However,
would also be interested in the steps for AutoCorrect as well.

Arlene

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You say AutoCorrect, but the procedure you are describing is for

AutoText
entries. Which is it?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Arlene" wrote in message
How can I migrate my AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word

2007?
Below
are the steps I used in Word 2003 when I wanted to migrate these

entries
from
one computer to another in Word 2003, but have no idea how to

migrate
in
Word
2007:

1.Open a new file and name it as AutoText.dot (or whatever) being

sure
save it as a template, not a doc file. Copy and paste these

directions
into
it so you'll remember what to do to import it later
2.Tools, Templates, and Add-Ins, Organizer button, AutoText tab.
3.In the first box, AutoText should already be there because the

file
is
open. If you wanted a different file, click Close File, Open File,

Browse
the desired file.
4.Display Normal.dot in the second box€”it should already be there.
5.In the second box, click the first entry to move, hold down

Shift,
click
last entry to select all; click Copy, Close File, Yes, Close.
6.Save AutoText.dot (or whatever), save again onto a disk or

whatever,
close, and move to second computer.
7.In the new computer, Tools, Templates, and Add-Ins, Organizer

button,
AutoText tab.
8.Display AutoText.dot in the first box€” click Close File, Open

File,
Browse
to the new template AutoText.dot (or whatever).
9.Normal.dot should already be in the second box.
10.In the first box, click the first entry to move, hold down

Shift,
click
last entry to select all; click Copy. Click Close File, Yes,

Close.

All help greatly appreciated.
Arlene