Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Toolbars get jumbled around every time I open a document

The standard toolbars are stored in the registry - see
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm . The personal toolbars
and changes to them are stored in templates, by default normal.dot.

Peter wrote:
Sorry Graham but that did not fix the problem. I did not think toolbar
locations are saved in Normal.dot because even if you delete it, the
toolbars appear in their correct location. The issue I am having
seems to be intermittent and random (or else I have yet to detect the
pattern).

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Open normal.dot in Word for editing. Place the toolbars where you
want them. Add a character to the text space and delete it. Save and
close normal.dot.

Peter wrote:
I've recently started experiencing a problem with Word 2003 that
every time I open a document, my toolbars are scrambled. I thought
toolbars were supposed to stay put between sessions. Is this a bug,
or is there a setting I am missing? At the top of the document I
have two standard toolbars and three custom toolbars. At the bottom
I have two standard toolbars. Only the ones at the top of the
document get scrambled.