Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:37:01 -0800, "Steven Hall" Steven
wrote:

I have set up all my styles and they are exactly what I want. However, I
often need to hand-format some text in a paragraph, such as making a word in
the paragraph bold. As soon as I do this, Word adds a new style to my style
list!

This is absolutely unacceptable! How do I stop word from constantly adding
new styles every time I hand-format some text?!?!

This problem leads to completely cluttered styel lists, vast multiples of
the same style, and makes Word almost useless as a professional tool.

Someone please....how do I stop this?

I have turned off all the appropritate options in the "Auto-format As You
Type" tab of the AutoFormat dialog box. Still, it keeps adding new styles.

Help!

Hi Steven,

In Tools Options Edit, uncheck "Keep track of styles". All the
extra stuff will disappear.

See item 4 in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html.

--