Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CMEC CMEC is offline

Default Not merging all records from an Excel data source

Thanks Peter. I did have a "next record" field in the last column of my
table. Doh! Got rid of it and the merge is working great.

I would link the merge directly to the Foxpro database but the data I'm
using is the result of specific querries that are exported to Excel.

Considering the parameters I would have to set up, it's probably out of my
league and possibly quite labour intensive.

In any case...everything works now. Thanks a trillion!!!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

In this case it's probably worth checking that you do not have any { NEXT }
fields in your mail merge main document (it may be a coincidence but the
fact that in each case almost exactly half the records have been omitted).

Otherwise, do you have any double-quote marks in your data?

BTW, would it make sense to connect your merge document directly to your
FoxPro data (if it's feasible, that is - that rather depends on the version
of FoxPro and so on).

Peter Jamieson
"CMEC" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 and have exported data from a Foxpro database to an
Excel
spreadsheet. I have set up a Word merge document by importing merge fields
from said Excel data source. The merge doc is set up as a "directory", as
it
contains a table that I want to populate with the data.

I've done merges under similar circumstances with no problem but I find
that
my merge document is not merging all the data records from my Excel data
source. For example, an Excel data source that contains 11 records only
merges 6 records. Another that contains 47 only merges 24.

I checked to make sure that all the records were selected during the
merge,
I even converted the Excel sheets to csv and tried recopying the data into
them as "values" but none of that helps.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

Tnx