Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

No, you don't need to include the Option Explicit statement to make the code work. If you have copied the code without that statement, then fine.

What I did not understand was how a copy editor worked. I was trying to create a macro that took care of all the footnote references in one go - to use the full power of VBA programming - not realizing that that was not what you wanted to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
On Aug 2, 1:04 am, Venky62 wrote:
Phew! I feel happy that it suits your requirement.

The "Option Explicit" statement is part of VBA options. It simply means
that the code has to declare all variables. It prevents error in
programming.

Does that mean I'm supposed to include it somewhere within the text?

Yes, when I at last realized what you were really looking for, it was

What was unclear about the original formulation?

simply a matter of connecting the two macros by a few lines of code. I
could have included all the code in one macro, but this is a better way
of doing it. Any programmer who looks at the code will be able to follow
it more easily.

Peter T. Daniels;492987 Wrote:

It works, and I thank you for providing exactly what I asked for
originally! Thank you very much.

I was nonplussed by the line "option explicit" at the top, and also by
the fact that it appears to be two separate macros, but somehow the
single keyboard shortcut works with both of them.