Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Coover Leslie Coover is offline

Default Easier Way to Mark Index Items Word 2010?

After text has been highlighed, the shortcut keys to mark an item in Word 2010 a

€’ Alt + Shift + X
€’ Press Enter
€’ Press ESC
€’ Ctrl + Shift + *

I tried to make a macro to combine these steps into one shorcut. When I use my shortcut on the first entry it appears in my document when I show paragraph marks (ΒΆ) and when I create an Index. However, on the next entry it appears when ΒΆ is selected, but not when I update, or recreate the Index.

Any suggestions welcomed. I would like to find an easier way to mark an index item rather than going through all the steps listed above.

˜Ό˜»˜Ό