Anne Troy

Sorry. The only method I'm aware of is Cindy Meister's.
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...tm#ComplexMerg
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mail Merge and Records" Mail Merge and
wrote in message ...
To All,

I am working on a project where I have data that is contained in an Excel
spreadsheet. The data is sorted by the following columns: SD# (assending)
then by PO Date (assending). So there are a number of rows that contain

the
same SD# but the Invoice information (which are several other columns) are
different.
Currently, the mail merge document places each record as its own record
(translating to pages) in the mail merge. I also tried using a directory

but
the body of the letter repeats continously with each corresponding record
(thus a run-on letter that after it lists record #1, it continues on the

same
page with the beginning of the letter and it's record information, and

etc.).

How do I set up a mail merge document that will repeat the invoice
information at the bottom of the letter (based on the placed holders
corresponding to the Excel spreadsheet) based on the SD# field from Excel
that will not go onto the next record (thus creating a new page per

record)?
I hope I have been as descriptive as possible. I know it's confussing

but I
tried to describe it as best as I could.

Thank you for any responses.