Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 How do I hide the "Update Table" tab and frame around TO

Inserting the TOC field via References tab | Table of Contents | Insert
Table of Contents, as opposed to choosing a format from the TOC gallery,
will prevent the "frame," which is some sort of a content control, from
being created.

You can save in Word 97-2003 format to get rid of an existing content
control (but the TOC will be preserved).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Raz" wrote in message
I can't find this answer in any help menu. I created a TOC, and every time
click near it, a blue frame appears around the TOC with a "shortcut" tab
at
the top for updating the table. I want to hide this, but can't for the
life
of me remember how to do it. I know it's possible, because I did it in
two
documents a few months ago. Help, please. I am beyond frustrated. I
long
for the days when Microsoft didn't include so many "helpful" [not]
shortcuts.
Thanks!

--
RA