Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Word 2007 How do I hide the "Update Table" tab and frame around TO

You can also select the TOC itself (it's sometimes easier if you toggle the
field codes because you know you haven't caught too much), copy it, delete
the content control, and then paste the TOC back into the document.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
Inserting the TOC field via References tab | Table of Contents | Insert
Table of Contents, as opposed to choosing a format from the TOC gallery,
will prevent the "frame," which is some sort of a content control, from
being created.

You can save in Word 97-2003 format to get rid of an existing content
control (but the TOC will be preserved).

I can't find this answer in any help menu. I created a TOC, and every time

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
shortcuts.
Thanks!