Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

You could insert a DocProperty field
{ DOCPROPERTY Words }
But the field itself will add 1 to the word count and the use of 'Words: '
would add another, so if you did not wish to include the field in and its
associated text in the count, you could insert a combination of fields eg
{ ={ DOCPROPERTY Words } - 1 \# "'Words: '0" }
You can save this as an autotext or formatted autocorrect entry (for say
#wc) for ease of reinsertion, but always update the field after insertion.
Or you could insert the word count with a macro.

Hope wrote:
I know where it is - but how do I insert the [WORD COUNT: 250] on my
typed document?

"Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi,

You'll find the Word Count function under the "Review" tab (under
"Set Language"). I hope it helps,

Cheers,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]

"abbyvfb" wrote:

Can someone please help! Where is the word count function in Word
2007? There's no tool menu like there used to be. I need this
desperately!! Thanks!