Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default "Do not check spelling or grammer"

You will need to modify each of the TOC styles (TOC 1, TOC 2, etc.). Use
Format | Language to remove the check in "Do not check spelling or grammar."

Shauna Kelly's article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html explains how to
modify most styles in Word 2002 and 2003, but this will not work for TOC
styles, which are not displayed in the Styles and Formatting task pane even
when you select "All styles." There are two ways to access these styles:

1. Choose Custom for "Show," which will open the Format Settings dialog, in
which you can click the Styles... button to get to the Style dialog.

2. Right-click in the TOC field and choose Edit Field, then click Table of
Contents..., which will take you to the TOC dialog, where you can click
Modify... to get to those styles.

"patti" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a TOC I set up long ago. The Description of the formatting says "Do
not check spelling or grammar." I do not know how to change this so that

it
is checked when doing a spell and grammar check. Can you help.
Thanks Patti