Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default "Do not check spelling or grammer"

Hi Patti,

I have a TOC I set up long ago. The Description of the formatting says "Do
not check spelling or grammar." I do not know how to change this so that it
is checked when doing a spell and grammar check. Can you help.

I'm curious as to why you'd spell check a TOC, as these are usually generated
via a field code from text in the document. Presumably, if the spelling in the
document is correct, the TOC would be, as well.

But in any case, in order to change this for a STYLE, go into the dialog box
where you modify the style. From the "Format" button, select "Language". Make
sure the checkbox referring to this is NOT activated.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)