Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Default "Do not check spelling or grammer"

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:10:48 -0000, "patti" wrote:

Hi,
I have a TOC I set up long ago. The Description of the formatting says "Do
not check spelling or grammar." I do not know how to change this so that it
is checked when doing a spell and grammar check. Can you help.
Thanks Patti

Select the TOC (or the whole document). Go to Tools Language Set
Language.

Depending on which version of Word you have:

- In earlier versions (up to Word 97, I think), one of the language
choices in the list is "(no proofing)". Click a real language such as
"English (US)" and click OK.

- In more recent versions, there's a check box below the list, labeled
"Do not check spelling or grammar". Uncheck that box and click OK.

You probably need to go into Tools Options Spelling & Grammar and
click the Check Document button to reset the spell checker. Then press
F7 to rerun the checker.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman