Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Print preview now defaults to 10%. How do I re-set it to "page width"?

Print preview displays according to the size of the window and the number of
pages you have displayed. If you have the one page option checked on the
Preview toolbar, it will fill the available space to show the full document.
My guess is that you have something like 10+ pages view set. Did you view a
multi-page document recently and show all the pages?

I don't recall Print preview offering full width view on opening - but if
that's what you really want, you can force the view with a macro -

Sub FilePrintPreview()
ActiveDocument.PrintPreview
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit
End Sub

Norman Swartz wrote:
For the last two days, when I click on "Print preview", the page
appears scaled to 10%. How do I re-set Word 2000, so that Print
Preview shows the page at "page width"? (Where did this unwanted
behavior arise?)