Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry Larry is offline

Default Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar

I seems to me that this is what is unacceptable. Adding new features:
fine. But ELIMINATING features that have been there forever and are a basic
and familiar part of the way an application works, and not giving users the
option to get these features, that is totally unacceptable. Eliminating
toolbars (both the standard toolbars and customizable toolbars, eliminating
the menus, that is just unacceptable.

It's as though someone came along and said, I don't think people need to
have hands and arms and legs, I'm going to give them something new instead.
I'll call it ... The MICROSOFT OFFICE BUTTON! And you can't have your arms
and legs back any more. You're got to use the MICROSOFT OFFICE BUTTON. You
don't like it? Shut up and get used to it!

"Larry" wrote in message

I think people just have to start demanding that MS bring back the basic
Word interface. If enough people demand it and make a fuss, that will be
heard and will have an effect.

I remember when they came out with Word 2000 that threw out the
multidocument interface, and people complained and so with Word 2002 they
gave users the option between multidocument and single document interface.

Another thing that really bothers me is that they have eliminated the blue
background, which I regularly use.