Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Have to keep reconnecting merge documents

Just copy it to the drive you're working with at the moment, and after
you're done, delete it from that drive. (Save your work to the hard
drive also, and copy the result back to the flash drive; then delete
it from the hard drive.)

Because saving to an external drive is _always_ risky.

On Aug 4, 2:29*pm, "Chris K" wrote:
It's under development so I cant bolt it to any one computer at the mo -
it's no more than an absolute addressing cockup - hoping for work around

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

I know nothing about Merge specifically, but doing it from a removable
drive is begging for trouble.

Copy whatever is on the flash drive to the hard drive you're using,
and it might work better.

On Aug 4, 8:24 am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?-