Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Have to keep reconnecting merge documents

So copy it to the HD temporarily. Set up a location where it will always be
found, and then copy the latest version there before attempting the merge.

http://word.mvps.org

"Chris K" wrote in message
It's under development so I cant bolt it to any one computer at the mo -
it's no more than an absolute addressing cockup - hoping for work around

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I know nothing about Merge specifically, but doing it from a removable
drive is begging for trouble.

Copy whatever is on the flash drive to the hard drive you're using,
and it might work better.

On Aug 4, 8:24 am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?