Andrea Jones

As you're talking about protecting your document I presume you've got form
fields in your table cells which you want people to fill in and then add up.
The easiest way to do this successfully is to use a simple macro. Go to
Tools - Macros and create a macro called 'update' (or whatever you like).
Type the following under the macro procedu

Sub update()
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Total").Result =
Val(ActiveDocument.FormFields("Num1").Result) +
Val(ActiveDocument.FormFields("Num2").Result) +
Val(ActiveDocument.FormFields("Num3").Result)
End Sub

(My input boxes have bookmarks called Num1, Num2 and Num3 and the result
form field has the bookmark Total).

Save your macro and return to your form, set the 'On exit' box for every
input box (Num1, Num2, Num3) and the result box (Total) to run the macro
'update' (which should be available from the drop-down list if you've created
it successfully).

Protect your form, enter some values and you should get the right answer!

Andrea Jones

"~KO" wrote:

I have a table using =sum(above) and have even tried =sum(b2:b11) to
automatically update the values. I have to lock and protect this form and
therefore do not have the option of Autosum, or F9. I need to have this cell
update itself as it is entered in the table.

I need to have this done in a couple hours. I'm hopeful someone reads this
soon and can help me!! thanks!

in my email address make sure you 'removethis' from my address - real
address is