Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default How do I create a form field to contain formatted text

While it's true that a text form field can't contain formatting (except
what's applied to the field as a whole), you do have two other options in
setting up the form template.

One is to insert one or more section breaks and, when protecting the
template for forms, mark a section as unprotected. (There's a button for
this in the Tools Protect Document dialog in Word 2000 and earlier, or a
link in the Protect Document task pane in Word 2002 or 2003.) Users can
paste and format in that section without restrictions.

The other possibility is to place a bookmark in the form instead of the text
field, and provide a macro that unprotects the form, pastes at the bookmark,
and reprotects the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Cooz wrote:
Hi cucubit,

No. As the author of the form, you decide which formatting is used, by
applying formatting or a style to your form fields. Users cannot
change that.

Good luck,
Cooz

When cut/pasting formatted text from another word doc into a text
field on my (protected) form, I've found all formatting is removed.
Can I create a form field where users will be able to enter text
that retains formatting eg Heading 1, or text includes bulleted list?