Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heliotrope

Default Compare Mailing_Address with Business_Address that includes co

well --- Thanks! Glad I asked - you saved me much time barking up a wrong tree.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

There is no way that you are going to be able to do that with mailmerge.
You maybe able to do something with a Catalog (or Directory) type mailmerge
main document that you would use to create a Word document containing all of
the data and then do some processing on the contents of that document and
then use it as the data source for a mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heliotrope" wrote in message
This question derives from the helpful exchange "Conditionally print
outlook
company in mail merge (4/22/06)."

I tried the suggested solution but found that when Business_Address
includes
the country, the routine fails. Here's the key part:
{IF "{ MERGEFIELD "Mailing_Address" }" = "{ MERGEFIELD
"Business_Address" }"
"{MERGEFIELD "Company"}. How do I programatically remove the country
from
Business_Address before making the comparison?