Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab and check
the box against the "Confirm conversions at open item." After doing that,
when you attach the data source, you will be asked which connection method
you want to use. The DDE option will probably be the one that you want.

To gain more control over the mail merge process, select Toolbars from the
View menu and check the Mailmerge item. Then use the mailmerge toolbar.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Chris" wrote in message
I got along quite happily with mail merge using Access queries under
Office 2000. Now I have (expensively) downgraded to Office 2003 and am
unable to connect to the data source queries, unable to find an
instructive description of the changes to mail merge or useful help
information and damn certain there'll be no refund for inferior
software. Is there a solution (not another workround !) or are they
loosing it even more/caring even less?