Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marcus Marcus is offline

Default Black cross instead of the normal cursor

Thanks a lot!
It's nice to know and understand more than you did before :-)

Marcus

Uzytkownik "Suzanne S. Barnhill" napisal w wiadomosci
Well, I did try that one because that was what I first thought of, but
unfortunately I have that assigned to something else (it inserts a
dagger),
so I was unable to find it in the normal way. According to Word's Help,
however:

ALT+CTRL+= (equal sign)
Add a toolbar button to a menu. When you type this shortcut key and then
click a toolbar button, Microsoft Word adds the button to the appropriate
menu. For example, click Bullets on the Formatting toolbar to add the
Bullets command to the Format menu.

so
all may benefit.

"Marcus" wrote in message
Thanks!
Your answer brought me on the right track: it is the key combination
"ALT+Ctrl+=" (the third key is the "=/+" key on the normal keyboard)!
And I ment the mouse pinter, of course, but if you wrote about the
cloverleaf after pressing ALT+CTRL++, you must have understood me

correctly.
Unortunately, I have not found out, yet, what the keyboard shortcut
"ALT+Ctrl+=" is for...

Marcus

Uzytkownik "Suzanne S. Barnhill" napisal w
wiadomosci
Possibly it is Alt+Ctrl++, which Word's Help topic "Keyboard shortcuts"
defines as follows:

ALT+CTRL++ (plus key on numeric keypad)
Customize the shortcut key for a menu command. When you type this

shortcut
key and then select a menu command, the Customize Keyboard dialog box
opens
so you can add, change, or remove the shortcut key.

What you get with that is not really a plus sign, though, but a

character
sometimes described as a cloverleaf (character 122 in the Wingdings

font).
thought there was something that produced a plus sign (as

Alt+Ctrl+Hyphen
produces a "minus"), but I'm not finding it at the moment.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Marcus" wrote in message
Well, that's exactly what I did. You are right, it does not matter, if
you
mean being any trouble or problem for me. But I just want to
understand
what
happened and to be able to do it again. And to use this function I did
not
know before :-))

Marcus

Uzytkownik "garfield-n-odie [MVP]"

napisal w wiadomosci ...
Why does it matter? If it happens again, press the Escape key to

reset
the cursor.

Marcus wrote:

When working on a Word document, I pressed by accident a key
combination
I cannot remember anymore. Suddenly, the normal cursor changed into

small black cross. Afterwards I tried to do it again, by I could
not
find
the correct key combination. Does anybody know what I did and what

the
function of that black cross is?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Marcus