Klaus Linke

That's why I asked about the OS, since it's an operating system feature, not
a Word feature.

I heard that you can insert Unicode characters using their hex code in
Win2003 Server and XP, but it never worked for me in Win XP.
Maybe you need some additional software or setting?

Regards,
Klaus

"JethroUK©" wrote:
works for me on Word 2002 - just thought it was worth a try

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
"JethroUK©" wrote:
try:

Hold down 'Alt'
Press "+" (numeric keypad)
Type 2153 (numeric keypad)
Release Alt

Hi Jethro,

This works for you? Which OS do you use?

If I follow your steps (Word2003, WinXP) I get the character with decimal
code 2153, the same as if I hadn't pressed the "+".

To get 1/3, I would have to use 2153 converted to a decimal number
(Alt+8531).
2*16*16*16 + 1*16*16 + 5*16 + 3 = 8531

Greetings,
Klaus