Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default what does this field code mean { HYPERLINK \l "_Toc204395999" }

A TOC field with the \h switch will include entries that are hyperlinked to
the corresponding headings. The "_Toc204395999" part of the hyperlink would
be the bookmark created for a heading by the TOC. But ordinarily when you
display a TOC field, you see only that field, not the underlying HYPERLINK
fields, so I'm at a loss to explain the situation you describe unless
someone has manually created a TOC based on TOC bookmarks already created.

"ASHOK" wrote in message
please clarify...

A TOC in my document has all the entries with such field codes...
Could you please explain how the TOC is bulit and hyperlinked with the
subject field code??
Ashok