Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How do I bypass the allow SQL insert prompt when doing a mail

Then unfortunately, I guess you're stuffed, unless you know how to construct
the kind of Windows message handling routine that can detect that specific
dialog box being displayed and answer "no" for you, (I don't, but I
occasionally wish I did).

If you are the author of the merge main document then you always have the
option of detaching the document from its data source before you distribute
it and writing VBA to prompt the user to connect to a suitable data source.
Not quite logically equivalent but it's the best I can suggest right now.

Peter Jamieson
"lukecooley" wrote in message
That works if you want to click 'Yes' to the message. What if you want it
automatically always say 'No'?
--
Luke Cooley

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

See

Peter Jamieson

"Alan Wilson" Alan wrote in message
There is now a prompt when a mail merge document is loaded, to allow
the
SQL
insert: I want to bypass the prompt. Security is set to low, but that
doesn't
help. How can that prompt be removed?