Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default why does my cursor start at the bottom?

The "increasing right margin" error message has nothing (much) to do with
the alignment. Close the Page Setup dialog for now and go to Format |
Columns. Click on the preview picture for One (even if 1 column is already
selected), then OK. That should do the trick. If your cursor is still at the
bottom, you should now be able to go back to Page Setup and set the vertical
alignment to Top.

"Ray L." wrote in message
news
Bear,
Thanks for the tip but now its giving me an alert about the "increasing
right margin and won't let me apply it. Forgot to say this is 2003

version.

"Bear" wrote:

Ray:

Try File Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment = Top

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000