Tom Ferguson

The subscripts and superscripts inserted in the way Jay suggests are
reduced in point size from the regular text. If you want the
subscripted/superscripted text at the same size it is better to use the
lower or raise baseline commands.

To set these up on the tool bar:
Place the cursor on a blank space on the top of the toolbar area and
right mouse click. Select Customize Commands. Select All
Commands from the list window and Lowered (or Raised) and select the
no of pts to Lower or Raise. I suggest you try 3 pt. Drag the Raised to
the toolbar and position it as you see fit. Next right click and edit the
button to something suitable if you wish.

Alternately, you can use the Equation editor. I found that
unsatisfactory.

Let us know.

Tom Ferguson
Windows Shell/User

"Grace" wrote in message
:I am doing a laboratory work write up and l have to insert subscripts,
for
: example as in hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) the 2 should be a subscript.