See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm. After you insert a
right tab stop at the right margin, you type the text you want on the left,
press Tab, then type the text you want on the right.

"brishook1" wrote in message
news
Graham,

Thanks for your response, but I am still a little lost. I don't (fully)
understand how to set a right aligned tab, and how do I then enter the

text
so that it is aligned. Right now I enter the text on the left, then space
over to the right and enter that portion. Even if I try to align with the
spacebar, it is still uneven.

Thanks,
Brian

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Set a right aligned tab at the right margin

brishook1 wrote:
I am trying to align my text appropriately for my resume. I need the
page to be left justified, but also flush on the right side. My
professional field requires a unique kind of resume. On the left, I
list the description, but then all the way to the right, I have to
put the date. When I tab/space over, the fight edge is not flush.

Any suggestions?