Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

Default Problems with Microsoft Office Word 2007

I went into the registry, but I did not change anything within there, so no
damage has appeared. All I have done now, is exactly what you have asked me
to do which is to delete "Data" in "Word" within the registry. I have done
this three times and rebooted three times and after deleting the "Data" each
time, it comes back when I reboot thus, still leaving the problem.

Can you think what else it could be?

Thank you

W.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Why are you double-clicking anything in the right hand pane? My final
instruction was...

"Then single click on DATA to select it: press your DELETE key"

Nowhere did I say double-click anything in the right hand pane. Don't
over-complicate this. Just select DATA and press DELETE (on your
keyboard).

Terry

"Wendy" wrote in message
It's not difficult. Open the Run Dialog (WinKey+R) or use Start and
select
RUN. Now type in

regedit
and press enter. That opens the registry editor.

Yes I did that and the registry editor opened

In registry editor, I clicked on "Word""Data" and on the right hand side
of "Data" there were three items: -

1. ab (default) REG_SZ

2. 011 then underneath it says 100 then it says Settings, REG_BINARY ba
00 72 30 01 00 00 96 01 00 00 04 00 00 00 1e...

3. 011 then underneath it says 100 then it says Toolbars, REG_BINARY 4a
00 00 00 a0 01 00 00 00 00 00 00

Then double-click on each
item which will progressively take you to the Data key:

I did that and on each one I double clicked on the first one as shown
above and it brought up a small window which was titled "Edit String"
then it said "Value Name" (default) than it said "Value Data" which
showed a slim window with no writing in it, and I just clicked "OK"

I double clicked on the second one (Settings) that brought up the
settings configuration which showed a lot of binary numbers, then again I
clicked "OK"

Ditto with the third one (Toolbars)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Office
12.0
Word
Then single click on DATA to select it: press your DELETE key.

This is where I got lost Terry, I couldn't fathom out what you meant,
anyway I tried the cut and paste thing again and that it is still the
same and it is only putting the very last piece of the picture in the
word document just as it did before.

I am sorry, I am such a novice, perhaps you could explain it again in
layman terms for me as I am worried about pressing the wrong thing.

Thanks Terry

W.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
It's not difficult. Open the Run Dialog (WinKey+R) or use Start and
select
RUN. Now type in

regedit

and press enter. That opens the registry editor. Then double-click on
each
item which will progressively take you to the Data key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Office
12.0
Word
Then single click on DATA to select it: press your DELETE key.

Close the registry editor and restart Word.

Terry

"Wendy" wrote in message
Thanks Terry for the advice, it sounds a bit complicated but I will
have a look.

W.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
It sounds like Word was left running whilst this week's updates
installed which corrupted the Word Data Key. You need to run Regedit
and navigate to the key and whilst DATA is selected, press DELETE.
Word will create a new key when you restart.

Word data Key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
Thanks Gordon, I fathomed how to get a blank page again through the
Website you gave me but I am still having problems with the cut and
pasting scenario.

I looked on that website you gave me, but I could not see anywhere on
it that tells me how to rectify this problem.

Just to recap, in Word 2007, if I try to cut and paste any document
or file into a Word document, it only shows part of the document
pasted into Word. This never use to happen before and I had no
trouble doing this. Can anybody tell me how I get my Word 2007 back
to the status quo so I can then cut and paste documents or files into
it like I could before?

Wendy

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message
Hi,

I have are a couple of problems with Word 2007.

When I open Word 2007, it comes out with the word "Okay" on each
blank page document and I do not know how to get it back to a blank
page each time it is opened. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of
the writing and just have a blank document again every time I open
it?

Have a look he
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm