Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
d d d d is offline

Default docs opening in "final showing markup" mode

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 SP2 on XP SP2. I've noticed
that recently, in the last few months, each word doc
I receive from someone opens in what I can only
describe as a "weird mode". There's an extra button
on the toolbar that says "Close" and a selection box
that shows "Final Showing Markup". Only when I
click on this Close button does the document switch
to looking normal. While in this Final showing markup
mode, there's a header that shows for example "Screen
1 of 16" and all the text is extra large.

I imagine I somehow enabled this mode, but I don't
know how I did it. Can someone advise how to turn
this off? I want my documents to open normally.

~dd