We never recommend deleting Normal.dot, which will result in loss of
customizations that may have been built up over years. Renaming is
sufficient--but in this case entirely unnecessary; see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Mary" wrote in message
Just delete it after closing Word. It's hidden, so make sure you can see
hidden and system files. When you reopen Word, it will create a new
Normal.dot with the default settings.

"Ben Wallace" wrote:

My normal template is creating new documents with no margin at the top

of the
page (so the cursor starts right at the top).

How do I fix this? When I insert a page number the margin comes back,

but I
don't want to have to do this every time I start a new doc.

Can I download the Normal.dot template from somewhere?