Herb Tyson [MVP]

It's a known issue. See if the following article helps clear up the problem:

Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Birmangirl" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and a colleague uses Word 2000. He has a document with
Page X of Y numbering contained in a header. It displays correctly on
screen
for both of us and prints correctly for me; when he prints it, instead of
seeing Page X of Y, his document prints as Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 and so
on. Is this a known problem or is it a corrupt document? The field codes
appear to be normal...
TIA
Amanda