Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to set the maximum length of a fill-in field

To aid the use of legacy fields - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
You can limit the length for legacy text form fields, but not for the
new content controls. In the Controls group (Developer tab), look for
the tools named Legacy Tools. Unless you're creating a template
wherein content controls are being used as placeholders and
instructions or using them in conjunction with XML programming,
you're generally better off using the legacy tools for more
traditional forms in Word. While they're labeled "legacy", they're
still the best way of handling most forms for most Word users.

"Cindi" wrote in message
First, Vista is my operating system. I am using the Developer
option to create a form. It says to limit the amount of imformation
a person can type,
select the field, go to Properties in the Controls group and enter
the value
un Maximum Length. There's no Maximum Length option When I do that.
What am
I doing wrong???
--
thank you