Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MicheleS1 MicheleS1 is offline

Default Format Painter not working in Word 2010

This seems to be working on my bulleting. I'll post back with other issues
as I have done work-arounds to avoid some of them.
Thanks,
Michele

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

Do you experience the same problem if you use the built-in shortcuts
Ctrl+Shift+C (Copy Format) and Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste Format)? Note that,
unless you have a paragraph mark selected or have the selection collapsed to
a point (no text selected), paragraph formatting will not be copied, only
font formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

"MicheleS1" wrote in message
I am using Word 2010, trying to format a document in a prescribed format.
With previous versions of Word, if I highlighted a word, sentence,
paragraph, bulleted item, etc., I could use the format painter to copy
every detail of the format to a new section of text.
With Word 2010 very little of the original format is copied over, maybe
the font, or font size, but never the indenting, bulleting, etc., which
was what made format painter so useful. In fact sometimes it changes the
font to something totally unrelated to either the copy from or copy to
text. I have reinstalled office, and done a repair, but this is my only
issue.
Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change to make sure that ALL
the formatting copies to the new text?
And I do know you can copy then used the drop-down paste format only
option, but I would like the format painter to work as it should.