Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Populate Table from Access

Why not use an Access Report?

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Articles

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MTechG" wrote in message
Doug

I'm looking to populate the table with multiple records for a query. I
tried mail merge and I have six records that are in the query now and I
add
the field project in the table and the document is created six times.
From
what I've been reading I believe it can be done in mail merge it's just
I'm
doing something wrong.

Dennis

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What do you want to populate the table with? - Data from a single
record? -
Data from Multiple Records? - Data from all of the Records? - of just
some
of them? If the latter, what is the criteria for selecting the ones from
which the data is to be used?

Sorry, more questions than answers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MTechG" wrote in message
I've got a template document I'm setting up and would like to populate
table from Access. I already populated fields inside the template from
Access with VBA. Using Word/Access XP

Any hints?

TIA