Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to change default caption color in References/Insert Capti

Style names aren't necessarily transparent in Word. :-)

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nick Piazza" wrote in message
Thanks, Stefan

I was originally looking for a style called Figure or Table to change.
Don't know why I brainfroze and didn't see the Caption style.

Nick

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Modify the Caption style: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles
pane.
Click the Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab of the dialog box, locate
the Caption style and select it. Click Modify. In the Modify Style dialog
box, click Format, Font. Set the color to "Automatic" (or "Black"). Click
OK. Before clicking OK in the Modify Style dialog box, check the "New
documents based on this template" option. Finally, click OK to close the
Manage Styles dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nick Piazza" wrote in message
I have setup my document to use black headings. However, when I use the
References/Insert Caption option to caption a figure I've inserted, The
caption text defaults to blue, and I have to manually change it to
black
after entering the caption. How can I setup the default caption color
black?

Thanks,
Nick Piazza