WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to change default caption color in References/Insert Caption?

Hi Nick,

I understand that you want to change the default caption color in References/Insert Caption in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Insert Caption" in the "Captions" section.
  3. In the "Caption" dialog box that appears, click on the "New Label" button.
  4. In the "New Label" dialog box, enter a name for your new label (e.g. "Figure Black Caption").
  5. In the "Format" section, click on the "Font" button.
  6. In the "Font" dialog box, select the font color you want to use for your captions (e.g. black).
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Font" dialog box.
  8. Click "OK" to close the "New Label" dialog box.
  9. In the "Caption" dialog box, select your new label from the "Label" dropdown menu.
  10. Click "OK" to insert your caption with the new default font color.

Best,
[Your Name]