Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Romie

Default Merging Tables to Make One Table

I see several posts concerning this topic with no useful resolution
("when I do it it works" is not useful). At the moment I'm attempting
to merge two previously created tables with the same number of columns
with "distribute columns evenly" and "autofit to windows" set for both.
I have gone to "Properties" and cleared all specifications. I'm using
MS Word 2002 SP3 with Windows XP, when I remove the paragraph mark
between the two tables they do not merge. This is a continual, very
annoying, problem.