Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phrank Phrank is offline

Default how can remove link from table of contents (follow on question)

Hi Suzanne,

This response helped me with something at work also. Thank you. I
found that this isn't a toggle though. Once I press Ctrl+Shift+F9,
the fields are unlinked (unless I hit Undo, of course).

I have an existing Table of Contents in templates that I work with,
and there are items within that TOC that I sometimes want to have
unlinked. The method you showed works great for this. But there are
also sometimes that, after the fact, I need to relink them, or insert
items. How can I do that?

Thanks

Frank

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:33:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.