Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Akash Anu Akash Anu is offline

Default Sorting Text In Table

Hi. I have a different question, please read on...

I'm able to sort text in a table. Mine is a 2-column table, and every 20 new
rows I need to select all the rows in the table and click on 'Sort'.

So can it somehow be possible that as soon as I enter a new row it goes into
its right place in the table so that the table looks sorted ? Can it be that
automatic ??

Thanks a lot.
-- Akash.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Tiffany,

without even trying to handle merged cells,
without nested tables and
without cells containing anything but text,

and assuming you know something about macros,
then, if the insertion point is in a table,
in principle:

Sub SortRows()
Dim r As Long ' rows
Dim c As Long ' columns
Dim oTbl As Table
Dim oRow As Row
Dim oArr() As String
Set oTbl = Selection.Tables(1)
For r = 1 To oTbl.Rows.Count
oArr = Split(oTbl.Rows(r).Range, chr(13) & chr(7))
WordBasic.sortarray oArr
For c = 2 To UBound(oArr)
' MsgBox c - 1 & " = [" & oArr(c) & "]"
oTbl.Rows(r).Cells(c - 1).Range.Text = oArr(c)
Next
Next
End Sub

--