Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Standard toolbar

It helps to know which version of Word you are using?

But it sounds like your normal.dot is not being saved when you close Word.
Make sure that 'Prompt before saving normal template' option is enabled and
then when you close Word, make sure you are getting the prompt and answer
YES.

If not, let us know which version of Word and how you are editing your
toolbar.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jason Marino" wrote in message
How can i setup my standard toolbar so that when i place the envelope and
labels icon on it, it will always appear in my toolbar after i restart or
shutdown my computer. Every time i reopen word i have to place the icon
back on the toolbar.