jdkelley

Default Problem with Page Numbers in Index using Word 2002

I had Word put page numbers with dashes before and after the number (i.e.,
-1-)throughout my document, then Indexed the document. The page numbers that
showed up in the index were in the same format: -1-. I didn't like having
dashes next before and after the page numbers in the index, so I changed page
numbers throughout the document to simple arabic numbers (1,2,3,...) with no
dash before or after the page number. I reindexed the document, but I
continue to get page numbers in the index with dashes before and after the
number. Can someone tell me how to get rid of the dashes in the index?