Klaus Linke

Hi Martin,

The probability that the style issues described in Shauna's article are =
responsible are close to 100%.

Next time it happens, look at the character and paragraph styles.
And copy the styles from the target doc into the source doc: You'll =
probably see the paragraph vanishing in the source doc, too.

You can run a macro to warn you about hidden styles in a doc:

Dim myStyle As Style
For Each myStyle In ActiveDocument.Styles
If myStyle.Font.Hidden =3D True Then
MsgBox "Style """ & myStyle.NameLocal & """ is hidden"
End If
Next myStyle

Regards,
Klaus

"Martin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag =
Yes, this helps to some degree, however I'm not sure that it answers =

the main=20
problem. Along with the text being hidden, we do have times when it =

happens=20
just as you decribed in the help article.
However, most of our documents are formatted the same becuse we have=20
standardized formats for the specifications which we write. I can take =

two=20
documents formatted nearly identical and say, copy 4 long paragraph's =

of=20
information that I want to use in another document, say paragraphs A =

through=20
E. What happens is that one of the paragraph's, perhaps "B" will not =

appear=20
when we copy it to the new document. When we turn on hidden text we =

find the=20
paragraph is indeed there , even in the correct font, but is hidden =

and also=20
there has been a border/box added around that paragraph.
=20
At one point in the past we used to place borders around all of our =

hidden=20
text (the help notes that we do plce in the document as hidden text). =

These=20
documents are many generations old, some older than others, but some=20
literally are offspring that may have been originally generated YEARS =

ago in=20
much older versions of Word. We continually "update" these master =

documents=20
to keep them current. At some point in the past, there could have been =

hidden=20
text with a border around it within the text we are now copying, but =

it does=20
not exist now. Could it be there is actually some hidden code left =

over in=20
these old documents that somehow are brought out while using the copy=20
command?? I'm tempted to bring these documents up in Word Perfect so =

that I=20
can view all of the document code which is a feature they have. Is =

there ANY=20
way to view this hidden code in Word to see if this is why we have =

this=20
problem?
Thanks!!
=20
=20
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:
=20
Hi Martin
=20
Does the following help?
Why does text change format when I copy it into another document?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html
=20
Hope this helps.
=20
Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word
=20
=20
"Martin" wrote in message=20
We are writers of technical documents and we often copy text, from =

a few
words to several paragraphs from one document to another that we =

may be
writing.
We incorporate hidden text (editiing instructions) within these =

documents
for other end users of our product. Very often when copying text =

we find=20
that
the text changes its properties to be hidden and also "boxed" in =

the=20
document
where it is placed. This seems to be random and will often be just =

1 or 2
paragraph's out of a half a page that might be copied. We notice =

lines
missing, turn on the hiden text and there it is. This occurs =

whether or=20
not
it is being inserted in areas where hidden text already exists.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening?=20

=20
=20