Tom Ferguson

Default how to remove horizontal lines

They are part of the paragraph formatting.

Go to Tools Options View Formatting marks. Check Paragraph marks.

Check the document for the lines.

At the first line, observe the paragraph mark to the upper left of the
line. That line is part of the formatting of that paragraph. Go to
Format borders and shading and select None for border.

Go through the document and delete them all in the same way.

If you want to delete them all at once, highlight the entire document.
Then go to Format borders and shading and select None for border.
Save the document.

Let us know.

--

Tom
MSMVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
: You write
:
: "Let us know."
:
: I don't remember how I put them in, I just want
: to get them out without retyping a 6 page document.
:
: As the document is on line which is how I back up the piece, please
: feel free to look at it: http://charlesumlauf.com/instances.doc

:
: If you have the time and inclination perhaps you could figure out by
: looking at it how they were generated and how to remove them.
:
: Thanks in advance for any help.
:
: Michael Eisenstadt