LacieMoon

Default Need brainstorming ideas - consolidate multiple Office documents-P

I need suggestions on how to solve the following problem/issue:
I need to consolidate several Office XP and Office 2003 documents [mainly
Word and Excel] into ONE document. This document would include merge fields
from other data sources [Access and Excel], photographs, and charts [from
Excel].

I have no trouble with inserting photos, linking Excel charts/graphs, and
placing merge fields into a document. My question: Once all the date is
merged, pictures inserted and Excel files linked, can I convert this "final"
document to PDF? [I don't need to maintain the links or mail merge fields --
I just need them to show the static data at that point in time]. I am not
very familiar with how Adobe Distiller works -- but seems to me to be a
logical solution. Has anyone had any experience doing something similar to
this? Any suggestions are welcome!
Lacie
PS: the final PDF document would then be printed as well as potentially
emailed.