Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default email merge

but for some reason, the documents are not directed to my Microsoft
Outlook outbox as they should.

Several people have reported that HTML mails just disappear, but I've only
seen one explanation, specifically that the problem went away when a COM
Addin called "bxAutoZip" was (temporarily) disabled - see Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options|COM Addins. It may be that other
add-ins also cause this problem. If that is the problem, it would be helpful
if you could post back and tell us which add-in was the cause. If it isn't,
I don't know how to solve this one.

To make this thing even more odd, I have tried with the different
formats like "plain text" and as "an attachement" and it works, but an
annoying popup window comes up asking me for permittion to send it for
each email address I am email merging.

Yes, this is a "security" feature. To fix this, you can download a (free)
utility called "Express ClickYes" utility from

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ps.com...
Dear all

I am trying to email merge a couple of documents in Microsoft Word
2002, but it seems that it doesn't work as expected.

In order to make the whole process easier I am using the HTML format,
but for some reason, the documents are not directed to my Microsoft
Outlook outbox as they should.

To make this thing even more odd, I have tried with the different
formats like "plain text" and as "an attachement" and it works, but an
annoying popup window comes up asking me for permittion to send it for
each email address I am email merging.

Is there anyone who can give me some idea why the HTML format is not
working and any methods to put it working as expected?

Thank you very much for reading this and your williness to help.