Gary Dotzlaw

Default Mail Merge in Graphics

Followed her sample to the letter and it does not work. Nothing appears, not
even an image placeholder.

Have you tried this and been able to get it to work?

Her sample is identical to Grahams. Not sure what is wrong but this does not
work with either Word 2000 on Win 2000, or Word 2003 on Win 2003.

Help.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
The only thing I can offer is that Cindy Meister also has an article; I
did not compare it with Graham's.
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm I do know that
sometimes something misunderstood by one person can be understood by
another...
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gary Dotzlaw" wrote in message
I am looking for some assistance. I have been trying to do a simple
"InsertPicture" with a mail merge using Word 2003 SP2 (also tried with
Word 2000). In neither instance can I get it to work; no image appears in
the document even after ALT-F9, merging to a new document, or in Print
Preview.

I studied extensively the example as posted he
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm
without any success.

I have attempted the most basic of examples, using a new Word document
with only the code:
{ IncludePicture "C:\\Images\\1.jpg" }
and still can not even get this to work.

Ideally I need to have the image and path coming from a nested field like
this:
{ IncludePicture "{MERGEFIELD "FullName"}" }
using a simple tab-delimited text data source file.

Can anyone actually get this to work? If so, post the document so I can
see how it works.

Thanks,

Gary