Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Formatting page numbers and creating a Table of Contents

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jerry" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,
Right now, I would like to format my Word document in a very special way.
want all the pages to read the following: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. in the
footer.
How can I go about doing this? I tried to mess around with the custom
fields,
but had no luck.

After this is done, I need to create a table of contents with the page
numbers in the same format. Originally, I just typed in "1-" and then
clicked "Insert Page." But when I created a TOC, the numbers would read
1,2,3
instead of 1-1, 1-2, 1-3.

How can I fix these problems?
Thanks!