Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Default merge fields from excel are formating with too many decimal positi

Word pulls the VALUE, not the VIEW of the cell. Click on the cell and look
at the formula bar. THAT is what Word will pull. See this article to fix it;
should only take a few moments:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm

Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Roger Smith" Roger wrote in message
I have a field in excel that has 7.55 but the mail merge is showing it as
7.5499999999998. the cell in excel only has the value of 7.55 and I have
tried formating it as number, currency with 2 decimals and does not make a
difference. it happens on several lines but not all lines